I was injured on the job. What rights and damages am I entitled to?
A If your injury or illness is found to be job-related, you may be entitled to receive medical care for the injury or illness, disability compensation for a portion of your listed wages, rehabilitation services, and, in the event of your death, benefits payable to your survivors. Protect yourself and your family by hiring Stephen Gaubert to represent you in court as your personal injury lawyer. Companies aren’t going to pay without a fight.
What happens if I am denied Workers’ Compensation benefits?
AOne option you have is to file a Disputed Claim for Compensation, which is an administrative law proceeding through one of ten offices in the State of Louisiana. This process could take six to nine months, or longer if the case is appealed. Our offices can help you dispute the claim correctly by guiding you through the entire process. We’re a leading Workers’ Compensation attorney in Lafayette.
Who pays for Workers’ Compensation benefits?
AWorkers’ Compensation benefits are paid by your employer, if he is self-insured, or by his Workers’ Comp insurance carrier. There are certain exempt employers. No benefits are paid by the Office of Workers’ Compensation Administration (OWCA). Getting Workers’ Comp is a complicated process, so let a professional attorney help you.
What is the JONES ACT?
AThe Jones Act is a federal statute that provides a cause of action for injured seamen. It is not Workers’ Compensation. It does not require payment regardless of fault. A seaman must prove negligence or fault on the part of the vessel’s owners, operators, officers, and/or fellow employees or by reason of any defect in the vessel, its gear, tackle, or equipment, i.e., unseaworthiness of the vessel.

This means that the employer must do something unreasonable or fail to perform a reasonable act that would have prevented injury in order for the seaman to prevail. Stephen Gaubert, a professional Maritime lawyer, wants to make sure you get what you deserve.